Writing Effective Behavior Support Plans and Positively Affecting Challenging Behaviors
Presented by Alison Nelson, Educational Services Manager/QDDP
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
If you are interested in helping the individuals you serve to decrease their target behaviors and increase their adaptive, positive skills, then this class is for you! This three hour interactive class will discuss the requirements of Behavior Support Plans (BSPs), which methods positively affect behavior, and how to encourage appropriate interaction between staff and the individuals you serve while implementing positive BSPs.
This seminar will focus on:
- The process for writing and developing BSPs and required plan content based on Minnesota Statute 245B and the PMUC
- Implementation guidelines for staff and individuals to ensure consistency
- Documentation methods including tracking and rating scales
- Analysis and recommendation of program effectiveness
- Positive approaches and reinforcement strategies for individuals with BSPs
Audience: Direct support professionals, managers, and directors will find the information in this course useful and easy to apply!
CEUs: 3.6 for Nurses, 3 for Social Workers