- This event has passed.
Alexandria, MN – A Year in the Life of a Designated Coordinator and Designated Manager
September 27, 2022 @ 09:00 - 15:30
In recent compliance orders, STAR has seen a great increase in violations that state the Designated Coordinator (DC) and/or Designated Manager is not competent to perform their job duties. Ensuring your DC and DM understands what is required of them in MN Statute 245D is crucial for your organization’s compliance and overall success. In this course, we will delve into A Year in the Life of a Designated Coordinator and Designated Manager by highlighting some key components specific to the required job duties of a DC as well as the DM.
Topics will include the requirements for:
– Pre-admission/admission documents and meetings
– 45 day/60 day documents and meetings
– Person-Centered Planning and Positive Support Strategy review
– Annual documentation
– Service suspension and termination
– Staff onboarding, training, and staff competency
– Incidents, emergencies, corrective action and internal reviews
– Satisfaction evaluations
In addition to the 245D compliance topics, we will also provide some additional support in the area of leadership skills. We will explore ideas to increase staff retention and also discuss supervisory skills, such as conflict management, staff coaching, and more!
CEU Contact Hours: 7.2 for Nurses, 6 for Social Workers