American Heart Association CPR & First Aid Instructor
STAR Services, a social services support agency, has a part-time opportunity for a CPR/First Aid instructor in our live training department. We are looking for someone that is certified in CPR AED and First Aid through the American Heart Association to teach Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) at our office located in Saint Paul. In this position, you would be providing instruction and support to direct support professionals in learning and implementing duties and responsibilities involved in working with people with disabilities.
Start Date: January 2023
– Ability to teach in front of a small group
– Friendly and outgoing attitude to maintain a fun feel in class
– Record attendance and submit recommendations to the Learning and Development Director to improve the quality of the training experience
– Maintain student engagement in the classroom
– Ability to use a PC and the established software efficiently
– Certified in American Heart Association CPR AED and First Aid instruction
– Must have previous experience with a strong track record of customer service
STAR Services is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by law. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, training, promotions, compensation, benefits, termination, or any other condition of employment.
STAR is honored to have been named a 2022 Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace (for the 8th time)! We believe this distinction reflects the positive work environment, open atmosphere, and creative workforce that we have here at STAR Services.